Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Leslie's Wedding

This is Sophia getting ready for her Aunt Leslie's wedding. She was invited to be the flower girl even though she is only 5 months old! It was a pretty busy weekend...all the ladies began decorating at 7am on Saturday so Sophia stayed home with Jason most of the day and met us for rehearsals at 11:30. She came back to get ready at 2:30pm, so this is a shot as I was getting ready to change her.This is her Grammy Crawford and Aunt Allison helping her with the bows in her hair. She LOVED that dress...it tasted really good to her! She had it in her mouth almost the entire time, and of course the thumb in the mouth too!
This is my sister Leslie, I love this pic of her she is so beautiful!!! I think she has the most amazing complexion, unfortunately I was not blessed with her skin tone. She was SO calm and relaxed very unlike me on my wedding day.The plan had been to push Carter (Sophia's cousin & ring bearer) down the aisle in a double jogging stroller. Everyone was worried about Carter, I knew Sophia would be a breeze because she is so laid back....HA! Two seconds before I'm supposed to walk down the aisle Sophia starts crying in the stroller, Carter just sits there watching her. So I scooped her up and she walked with me! How do babies sense these things?! Carter rode in the stroller by himself and then we handed them off to the babysitters waiting in the wings. I can't blame her it was nap time, she was ready for a nap...
That's exactly what she did next...SLEPT! She was sound asleep like I had never seen her before during most of the pictures. So she looks like a rag doll, but the cutest rag doll ever! This is a shot of the wedding party. The groom's sister Caressa, myself with Sophia, Leslie, Ryan the groom with Carter, my brother Ryan and Jason.


This was a shot of the three of us that day, she was so tired it had been such a busy few days for her and she crashed hard, I think she looks so adorable though. I have to say I married a real HOTTIE! WOW!!!

She was so good during the reception, she was passed around to lot's of family members. We had hired two babysitters to help with them and they were a BIG help. It was nice to have them take the babies to change diapers, make bottles, and hold them during the big events.

This is one of the last shots of Sophia at the BIG day! At 9pm I took Carter and Sophia along with the babysitters back to our house for bedtime. I then hurried back to the reception to finish the party and then help clean up. It was so beautiful! We all had a blast and could never have done it without the help of my friends Megan, Reni, Jerry, and my cousin Jennifer. Megan and Reni both were married this last year and I asked them for lot's of advice and info. Jerry was the incredible DJ, and my cousin Jennifer helped decorate and did hair! I am so blessed to have such great friends in my life as well as a beautiful and loving family! CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE AND RYAN!!!

1 comment:

Rhonda VB said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!
Sophia, you are the most adorable & precious flower girl ever....AND surrounded by your gorgeous Aunt Leslie (stunning!), and your beautiful mommy & Grammy Crawford!
(And your daddy isn't too shabby either...my handsome son!