Saturday, May 3, 2008

Busy, Busy Weekend!


This weekend my parents were in town from Iowa, they had been so excited to come back and see Sophia. Mom and I really had Sophia on the go!

Friday we visited Great Grandma Schlichter in the nursing home, and then took Daddy lunch. After that we introduced Sophia to the world of garage sales. She was such a trooper! She never made a noise at all. We even found some awesome clothes for her that still had tags on them.

Friday night Daddy and Grandpa went to the Komets game and us girls went to Red Robin. We have decided that it is the perfect place to eat dinner with kids. Everyone in there has kids and it is so noisy that when Sophia did cry no one even heard her, and those that might have smiled because they had kids too! That may be one of our new favorite places although Jason is not cracked up about the food.

We did a little run of the mall and told Sophia as she got older she would spend a lot of time there! We even found a couple of cute outfits for her there too! Then we came home and everyone was exhausted. She slept 5 1/2 hour straight...yeah! I was able to run around like this because I had pumped and gave her a bottle, which she took like a pro :)

Today Sophia had to be the youngest shopper at the Vera Bradley outlet sale! There were around 5-6 thousand people (well maybe I'm exaggerating but it felt that way). We bought a few gifts for people and a backpack that matches the diaper bag she received from the hospital. Then we ended up coming home and Grandma Crawford babysat Sophia while Mommy went for a quick pedicure. The lady doing my pedicure asked me if I had children and I said "Yes, her grandma is watching her now." My eyes swelled with tears, I missed her so much! Grandma did a great job and she was asleep in her arms when I came home. Daddy and Grandpa each won pretty big $$$ at the off site gambling place here in Fort Wayne off of simulcast horse racing--Daddy is getting pretty good!

So what a busy weekend!!! Tonight we are going to watch some recorded shows and rest...some of us more than others hopefully :)

2 comments:

Grandma Crawford said...

Melissa,

Thank you so much for letting your Dad and I come, we loved spending time with all of you.

Give Sophia hugs and kisses from us.

Love you,

Mom

Renee said...

Melissa - this is Renee Armstrong- Cathy Carnes came in and told me to go in and look and your precious daughter - I did and she's beautiful! Congrats!