Thursday, May 1, 2008

Great Grandma Fisher


Great Grandma Fisher came to visit Sophia today! She has been working all winter on a Christening gown for Sophia. As soon as we found out we were having a girl she started to buy the materials for it. It is so beautiful! Grandma has spent so many hours hand embroidering this gown. It is very detailed and looks just like one of the old fashioned gowns babies wore. She has made a bonnet that goes with it that is so sweet. So today we had a fitting and tried it on her to see how it fit. Grandma is going to make some adjustments to it this weekend. Sophia is going to be dedicated at church on June 15th which is Father's Day. This Tuesday we are having our good friend Betsy over for a photo shoot and I thought we might take a couple of photos in her gown. So anyway I am super excited about this gown it will be so special since her Great Grandma made it for her. I thought about taking a photo of her in it today, but I thought I would keep you all in suspense until it is completely finished. So I guess I am giving you all a teaser :) I feel so blessed to have such a caring and involved Grandma in our lives.

2 comments:

Rhonda VB said...

We can't wait to see our angel in her beautiful gown. Melissa, the time & love your Grandma put into this gown for Sophia's dedication will make the occassion even more memorable & special!
Love you all!
G'ma & "Mom" VB

Melissa said...

Great Grandma Fisher looks very happy to be holding our little Sophia. I know that she will be coming to Fort Wayne more often now to see her.

Hugs and Kisses,

Grandma Crawford